Sunday, April 30, 2006

Line 6 Rocks!

It's pretty rare for a guitarist to own the same gear for any extended period of time. We're all on the hunt for that perfect setup and ultimate tone. But this morning I found myself saying "I love my Vetta and my Variax!"

I first was introduced to Line 6 products in early 1999 by a friend who worked in a music store. He was very excited to have me try this new piece of equipment called a POD. I had tried every distortion and overdrive pedal and pre-amp imaginable and gotten totally disillusioned of ever finding something that truly sounded great. I only had a few minutes so I wasn't keen to try it, but he virtually begged me. Twenty minutes later I was walking out of the store already trying to figure out what I would need to sell so I could have my own POD!

Very soon after that I bought the red kidney bean and haven't looked back. I was one of the first in Australia to own Line 6's flagship amp, the Vetta, when it was first released in 2003. Then when I went to the US later that year I bought the then just released Variax 500 modeling guitar. As soon as the Variax 700 was released I ordered one and have been playing it ever since.

I sold my lovely Rivera TBR1M Stereo Head when I got my Vetta, and I had a wonderful Custom Strat-style guitar with EMG's and all the nice fittings that followed soon after. Last to go was my 1990 era Strat plus deluxe. Now I'm officially exclusively Line 6! The POD was sold a couple of years ago, but it was replaced soon after with the POD XTLive when it was first released.

With my Vetta and Variax set-up I'm always discovering new ways to get a great sound, and if your willing to spend the time tweaking you will be rewarded with more great tones than you could ever imagined possible in the pre Line 6 era!

Check out www.line6.com

No comments: