Friday, November 17, 2006

Great Music From Phil Wickham


I bought this album a couple of months ago and I'm still loving it. It's worship music although most of it would not be congregational. It's heartfelt and God directed.
This guy can write, sing and play!

Great lyrics... I love this particular song - Mystery:

Here in the Quiet speak to me now
My ears are open to
Your gentle sweet whispering
Break down the door, come inside

Shine down Your bright light

I need a lamp for my feet, I need a lamp for my feet


I want to hear the thunder of who You are

To be captured inside the wonder of who You are

I want to live I want to breathe

To search out Your heart and all of Your mysteries


You were the first and You’ll be the end

Time cannot hold You down

Why save a wretch like me?

No eye has seen, no ear has heard

No heart could fully know

All of Your mystery


He sings with great passion and fantastic control with obvious influence from the likes of Freddy Mercury and Jeff Buckley.

Anyway, I could go on about him or you could just check out Phil's MySpace site for yourself here.

1 comment:

Zaccles said...

Man, he's great!
Had a listen to a couple of tracks on his myspace.
Really cool.