Monday, June 09, 2008

Next Steps

Rehearsal at Coast Hills Community Church on May 25th.
This was the fifth time I've played at Coast Hills. I've led there three times and played guitar two other weekends including the fantastic Good Friday Production.

I contacted Coast Hills on Paul Colman's recommendation right around Christmas time last year when I was looking for extra opportunities to get out there and minister, and so the relationship began. They had been looking for a Worship Leader for quite some time and even though they made this clear to me, at the time I was not looking for another job - I already had one at Riverview OC.

Well, just before Easter we discovered that we would no longer have a position at Riverview. We really feel that we should be staying in the US and so I put my hand up for the job at Coast Hills. The application and interview process has been very, very long and we've had to be extremely patient. It's been a testing time for us as we've been without work (income) and living in uncertainty for a long time.

... So anyway, this morning I signed an offer from Coast Hills to be their Worship Pastor! Very exciting! This is contingent on getting our Visas approved in the next 60 days, so we'll be off to Perth to deal with that as soon as Daniel finishes the school year on June 18th.

We're really looking forward to being a part of the team at Coast Hills Community Church. We've already met so many wonderful people who are quickly becoming friends. God is good!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Congrats!!!! Gonna miss you guys though.

Love Dale

Anonymous said...

yeha!! love you guys so much. You are and will be such an amazing asset to their church. we love you both
Amanda

Anonymous said...

flippin flip!!! awesome!!!

Love yas!!! heaps and more~!

BobSled & Paulsie

*jessix* said...

YAY!! So excited...yep, I'm still excited! Little bit teary, but mostly ecstatic that you are starting a brand new journey in another church. Love you guys heaps! J

Anonymous said...

Love ya man.

You're all going to be an awesome blessing to Coast Hills, as you were to us!

Thanks so much for everything. Hope to see ya soon when you come back.

Love.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic..... I was so pleased to hear the news. Keep growing and keep trusting and kep searching for that illusive perfect ale to share with me next time I get to LA.... Phil

garrick field said...

good work mate, stoked for you.

Anonymous said...

Mark and Ali,
Prayers are being answered. Rick and I miss seeing you even though our time together was short. You brought such a great gift to Destiny People. We are so happy for you and I know God is working in your lives. We will continue to pray that all paper work goes quickly. Have a safe trip.

In His hands,
Nancy and Rick Nelson

Unknown said...

Look out Coast Hills, here comes a Legion of Legends!!!

Gav said...

I'm confused - is the church in the hills or near the coastline?? Seriously - I think it is awesome & I am very proud of y'all that you have stepped out and explored new territory. Keep trusting in the big guy upstairs and taking new ground. Love Gav

Anonymous said...

Great to hear Mark!

You will be the greatest of blessings to that church and its people - as you have been to the church at large - love dayna and eddie

Leigh Sarti said...

hey mark,
so awesome to hear you landing on your feet at coast hills -- are you still in the states or off to perth for a few months... would love to catch up and hear more about the journey sometime soon!
Cheers, Leigh

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Wow, Mark - good deal. Send me your current email address some time. I've been wanting to tell you what a blessing your book is.

Cory from St. Louis