Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Yeah, BUT...!

Why do we sing?
Psalm 147:1
    Hallelujah! It's a good thing to sing praise to our God;
      praise is beautiful, praise is fitting.

This is reason enough, but there are many other reasons also.

Here's one: Often the facts get in the way of the truthThe facts want to set themselves up as the authority in our world. But the facts don’t always tell the whole story.

This is when we have to turn around and face the facts and say, “Yeah, but…”

I’m so alone. No one believes in me. No one seems to be in my corner.
Yeah, but… God is with me! God is for me!
I didn’t get the job I was hoping for.
Yeah, but… He has plans that give me a future and hope!
I’ve messed up - yet again.
Yeah, but… If we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us!
The pull of temptation is so strong. Addiction has a hold of me.
Yeah, but…  God is stronger!
There is no way out of the situation I’m in. Nothing and no one can fix this.
Yeah, but… With God nothing is impossible! God can make a way where there is no way!

Speaking and singing the truth helps us get a correct perspective on the facts.

The facts say that our troubles, worries, fears, sins, pain and issues are great. The truth says God is Greater!

3 comments:

Chris Falson said...

Great response to the day's problems.

joncicc said...

Preach Bratha!! Great Word!! Blessings to you and your ministry in our Lord.

At His Feet
Jon Ciccarelli

rob said...

Words of wisdom as always mate