Sunday, December 16, 2007

Michael Landau

Well this was a real treat for me. I got to see the Michael Landau Group live at a cool little venue called Cafe Boogaloo in Hermosa Beach, CA. It was very intimate and laid back - only about 100 people there, most of them totally unaware of the talent in the room. This meant I could stand right up front and soak it all in - I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I first heard Michael Landau way back in 1985 playing on the song Sharaya on Amy Grant's album, Unguarded. I've been a fan ever since. Mike has been a prodigious session player in LA for over 20 years, known for amazing tone and playing. He's played with everyone at some time or other and is highly respected for his creativity and diversity. Check out the Wikipedia entry for a little more background. Also, you should check out Mike's MySpace.
Mike Landau, Gary Novak and... (sorry dude, I forgot your name) Mike and Me - Yeah! (I think maybe I was more excited than he was. Haha!)


Mike live in Germany earlier this year. Listen and see why I like him: taste, tone, control, expression, feel, sense of humor - brilliant!

2 comments:

Susanna Hopkins said...

Awesome! Love it! You must have had an amazing time seing and listening to those guys - piece of heaven come down…
It’s great to read your blog and get a glimpse of your lives over there. You seem to have settled in real well. (Miss you here in Perth, though!) Seeing your photographic talents are being used and developed – great stuff! Keep it up.
Have a beaut Christmas and a New Year filled with His love, Joy, Peace and Contentment in Him.
Blessing from Down Under, Susanna Hopkins

P.S. When searching for your blog, I first got Mark Cullen, Canada’s gardening expert… he he

Stan said...

rofl at guy whos name you forgot .. :D

michael is a great player !