Friday, August 25, 2006

Developing an Eye

After many years of developing my "ear", I'm now learning to develop my "eye". I'm having fun with the photography and especially with Photoshop Elements. I'm very new to the whole thing, but here are a few early creations...

This is East Perth Power Station early in the evening...

...and from the other side...

Perth with angry skies. This is NOT our usual weather, but it makes for an expressive picture!
And something dreamy and soft to finish up. Someone very kindly gave a beautiful bunch of roses to Ali recently (unfortunately it wasn't me!).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow bro, i'm really impressed, they are awesome shots, keep it up!
went to my first worship team rehearsal at camino de vida the other nite. is a bit different to RV eh! what's your email address now? email me your new contacts.

Unknown said...

hey mark - love the pics. i first told jess i liked her while we were sitting on the edge of the swan river, overlooking the city, on a very stormy afternoon. so your "angry skies" picture definitely connects with me :)

*jessix* said...

beautiful pics mc...another hidden talent!

Zaccles said...

Nice pics man!

HaRRy BoY said...

That's cool Mark.

As a camera man.. i am happy to confirm.. the photos are good. Nice shot composition indeed.

The quality of the shots seem quite high, you must have a fairly decent camera yeah? Is it one of those kick-butt new canons?

nature stuff always looks really good in photos.. but also shots of people with big smiles is really cool to see when shot in interesting ways.. Especially cute little kids.

Anyway. Keep it up mate. It's great to hear that your relaxing and enjoying your time off.

Luv ya.

HB

mark said...

Thanks for your kind comments my friends!

ToNyAKAsErG said...

WOW.. great photogeny.. u have inspired me!.. thanks!