Monday, August 07, 2006

Sunday Session


I'll be playing a live set this Sunday night at Riverview Church's weekly "Sunday Sesh". It'll be a basic four piece band doing a mix of my own songs and a few covers. A couple of John Mayer songs, a classic that Ray Charles made great (Georgia), and some of my more funky/bluesy tunes from over the years. Bluesy and cruisy! The band is Paul Hardy on drums, Billy Muchtar on Bass, Luke Griffin on guitar and myself. Great band! I'm very much looking forward to it. Hope to see you there. (Start time around 7:45pm.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark.
What a great concert that was! Fantastic! Bluesy and cruisy, as you promised. Really enjoyed it heaps. Our kids were very inspired and loved your music and enthusiasm! When and where do you guys play again?
Have a great week. God bless, Susanna H.

mark said...

Thanks Susanna!
We had fun playing too. Actually we recorded the set, which probably meant that we weren't as relaxed as we could have been. I just wanted to go through the exercise and see what comes out.
I don't know where or when we'll be playing next. We don't have any bookings at this point.
Cheers!
Mark

Zaccles said...

Sounded great from the bit i heard!
You ROCK mark!
Love ya bro,
Zac

mark said...

ummm... no, not at this stage. It actually came up better than I expected, but I'm not planning to make it available. A bit more rehearsal wouldn't go astray!