Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

As they say, the one thing that never changes is change itself. And yes, change is upon us once again. We have been here in Irvine, California for 15 months now as part of Riverview OC and this part of our journey is almost over. In May we will be finishing up with Riverview. We are believing that God has something great for us to be a part of and are now looking to see what that might be.

We will be staying in the US and more specifically in Southern California, if possible. If you have any great ideas for us please don't hesitate to get in touch! I'd love to hear from you.

As I wrote in July 2006:
None of this changes what it’s all about!
I still believe I’m to lead others in their love for God.
I’ll continue to use my gifts to help others express their worship.
I still want to discover God and bring that discovery to others.
I don’t believe my calling is changing...

So I'll continue doing what I do with a new employer in a different environment. Please pray with us that we find that place soon.

Thank you all for your support over the years. Let’s continue to build the Kingdom of God and build people’s hearts, making His praise glorious! God is Great!

Keep shining!

Mark
This is our letter of recommendation from Riverview. I'll copy it below in case you can't read it without a magnifying glass!
__________________________________________________________________
April 7 2008

To whom it may concern,

Re: Letter of reference for Mark and Ali Cullen

Mark has been employed by Riverview Church since May 7 1999 as our Worship Pastor. Ali has assisted voluntarily in the worship and women’s ministries of Riverview Church since that time and commenced part time paid employment in January 2007 at our Orange County Campus.

Due to financial constraints at our Orange County campus, and additionally at our main campus in Burswood, West Australia, we unfortunately have had to release Mark & Ali Cullen from paid ministry employment as of May 15 2008. During their 8-week notice period, they will remain in their current roles and assist us greatly in transitioning the ministries they are involved in to others.

Additionally, we are doing all we can to help and assist Mark and Ali into their next paid ministry role. Our relationship is healthy and we fully expect that into the future our relationship will remain strong, open and supportive.

During their time with us Mark and Ali have served Riverview Church loyally and faithfully. They are a couple of great integrity with substantial ministry skills and experience. It is certainly with great regret that we have had to release them, however we believe that they will continue to serve God faithfully and another ministry will be the beneficiary of their sincere and dedicated service. We love, support and unreservedly endorse this couple to any ministry and church.

Please don’t hesitate to email or call our Executive Minister, Mark Webb, or myself if you have any questions or enquiries, as we would be delighted to assist you.

Yours faithfully,


Phil Baker
Senior Minister

7 comments:

garrick field said...

hey man. wow, not sure what to say, except that God has great things in store for you three. You guys are incredible and have been my hero's ever since I wandered into RV 8 years ago. I personally owe a massive debt of gratitude to you Mark, without your influence and guidance I would never have developed such a love for making music and worshipping like you have demonstrated. I pray that you guys find your niche again. I know that none of this stuff we do is easy, but in the end its worth it like God can only imagine. we have big changes coming up too, but i'll email you about those. With love and prayers for you, Ali and Daniel - big love from Peru, Garrick and Simone

Gav said...

Well guys, I will totally agree with GF - You guys have and always been my heros and great friends, and true inspirations to me. I would not be where I am today (Healthy) without your guidance, help, support, encouragement over the years.
You guys will be fine; committ everything to God and take the step out of your comfort zone again....

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark and Ali,

We are praying for you both and the next move for you. We know that God has annointed you to lead people into the throne room of God with your music. We love you guys, and hope to see you up in San Jose again soon!

God bless,

Jessica Van der Merwe

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark, Ali and Daniel.

Honestly I was a bit stunned when I heard the news you guys were moving on from Riverview Church. I know deep down there is always a reason for why things happen, especially to those who love God.

Mark, I regard you as a friend, teacher and role model for anyone interested in playing a role in worship. Your dedication and commitment and love for God has been demonstrated throughout your life, and so I am confident God has a master stroke in the waiting for your life and that of your family.

My selfish side would have loved for you to have moved back to Perth, so we could keep enjoying doing music together but I'm sure you have thought about your next move with a lot of prayer involved.

Together with all our prayers, move out feeling confident that you are in His plan.

By the way, just cause maybe we don't keep in touch that often, doesn't mean we don't think about you very often.

I pray the best for your life nad remember one thing, you have impacted people's lives more than you will ever know.

A big hug from Lou, Cathy, Alycia & Amanda.

garrick field said...

I do have one suggestion about what you should do next - How's your Spanish mate?

Anonymous said...

We have travelled far and seen much.

We are a part of all whom we have met.

And while much is taken... much abides.

Though we are not now that strength

which in our younger days moved heaven and earth,

that which we are... we are.

One equal temper of heroic hearts,

made weak by time and fate...but strong in will.

To Strive, to Seek, to Find... and not to yield.

- Tennyson.

Anonymous said...

Mark,
I just spoke with Pastor Jim Cobrae, from our main campus, The Rock Church. He mentioned that they recently received an email from you & suggested we
contact you. We are looking for a worship leader.

We were planted in the Palm Springs area about a year and a half ago and God is doing some amazing things. Our current worship leader got married and is moving out of state.

If you are interested, email me mail@rockchurchcv.com
or give me a call. 760-340-1537.