Thursday, August 02, 2007

DecembeRadio Blaring Out Across Orange County

Last night we went to see DECEMBERADIO play at The Flock just down the road here in Irvine. It was a 7pm start at Woodbridge Community Church with about 100 people in attendance. I'm still amazed by this - a Grammy nominated band, nominated for 4 Dove awards, a single that's done really well - and no crowd...
These first two photo's give you a pretty good idea of how the night went. It was rockin'! This really took me back to the early 90's when I used to play in a rock covers band. I must find a photo or two from those days to put up!
These are the influences they list on their MySpace site: "Black Crowes, Audioslave, Lenny Kravitz, Led Zeppelin, Porcupine Tree, King's X, Tonic, Thornley, Aerosmith, etc". Actually, I think they left one or two out. They sound remarkably like Giant - remember them from the early 90's? I loved 'em! Perhaps just a touch of AC/DC too. They describe their sound as Guitar Rock with soaring melodies and musical heroics. That's pretty close I reckon.
This boy can sing! He's pretty good with the rock poses too :-)
Well I must say I thoroughly enjoyed the night and we were home by 9pm... Only in America!
This is their debut album. Great production. Great Rock'n'roll!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooo. I do like that Thunderbird. makes me want one ... badly. is that a sin?

the b00f™ said...

that dude in the 1st photo looks like a certain Garrick Field?

interesting....