Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Future Of Forestry

Bryce, Daniel and I went to see Future of Forestry play at The Vault last Friday night. Great band. It was hard work staying for the two bands that preceded them, but it was worth waiting.
They have an album out called Twilight that I have been thoroughly enjoying for 2 or 3 months now. Go to the website and listen to some of it. (Or here).


Not only great alternative rock'n'roll, but very worshipful and heartfelt. There are some beautiful lyrics in their songs too.
I will go where glory meets the crude and weak
I will go where mercy meets the shame
I will go where strength will find the small and meek
I will go where magic meets mundane
And You're all I want, You're all I want
You're all Ill find
You have my heart forever
You are all that I could need
I will go where grace and healing love restores
I will go where peace and rest is known
I will go where friendship finds my heart in yours
I will go where beauty leads me home
Great guitar player - very creative with sounds. I like that.


There's the really interesting stuff right there on the floor!
Nice amps too...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE these guys, very jealous that you got to see them...

mark said...

Yeah, I thought you might be! of course, you know that's my whole purpose for doing this blog - to make people jealous! Actually, I just get to post some highlights - you wouldn't want to know about most of the rest of my life.

Anonymous said...

dude, how do you get all those shots side of stage?? are you getting backstage at these gigs?

yeah, i know what you mean about blogging - its generally all the highlights that you extract to convince others that you're having a great time. you don't want to know the tears we've cried (or are continuing to cry) over the last 15 months!! BTW, new photos of our latest trip on ours. we have to keep looking at it to remind ourselves that sometimes our life is fun!!

mark said...

too true mate. I hope you're having enough smiles to keep you going though. I think you're legends!

oh, this was not a big professional gig really - there were about 200 people maybe, but in a church (that is in a small warehouse). I was able to walk right up to both sides of the 1 foot high stage, and towards the end I was able to be right in the front in front of the bass player... so that's how I got the shots. A camera that can handle the dark a bit better would be nice though!

Anonymous said...

great band!!!

Anonymous said...

great band!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm loving their tune "twilight" at the moement....

great groove... very creative. Snare rolls and hits are very very nice.

Great feel to the whole song- love it.

ps- sorry about double posting above....